Welcome from the great state of Arizona! My name is Brandy Rae, and I look forward to getting to know you and the opportunity to network with fellow professionals. More importantly, I’m excited to share my experience with you to illustrate why I am the person to assist you with your writing, editing, and business communication needs.
A Little Background
I have a bachelor’s and master’s degree in English with a minor in journalism, and spent almost a decade teaching (face-to-face and online) writing composition and rhetoric, English Language Learning, intercultural communications, academic research, business communications, and university studies for both public and private universities.
Teaching made me a better writer, critical thinker, observer, cultural communicator, editor, and researcher, and it taught me the importance of mentorship and self-improvement. Not to mention, I had amazing students over the years, some of whom have gone on to publish their own works.
While teaching, I freelanced for individuals and businesses across the globe (thanks to my experience with intercultural communications). In 2015, I made the tough decision to leave teaching to pursue digital media and professional writing ventures full time because I was unable to escape adjunct status.
During that time, a leading digital media company in my adopted hometown, San Angelo, Texas, offered me an opportunity to return to the news as an Editor-in-chief to improve content, build an editorial team, and develop and maintain community relationships. Because I worked off and on in the media since 2004 as an Editorial Board member, an intern, staff reporter, and freelance writer, I had no problem readjusting to the world of journalism and filled that position proudly. I worked with a great team of writers eager to learn how to be credible reporters and bring about change in our community until my move back to my home state of Arizona in 2017.
My goal now is to transition into a communications or public information position where I can provide my expertise and continue to learn and grow as a writer and communicator in the digital era.
What I Can Do For You
Overall, I am a diverse writer who can communicate in a variety of genres and formats. My experience includes:
- Articles (News, Features, Columns, and Blog Posts)
- Academic Writing & Tutoring (Please note: I do not write essays on behalf of students for ethics reasons. That is a form of plagiarism. However, I am happy to assist people in a professor capacity.)
- Business Communications and Marketing Collateral (digital and print): Brochures, Pamphlets, Guides, Presentations, Website Content Creation & Management (SEO & Analytics), Scripts, Biographies, Press Releases, Information Bulletins, Newsletters, Social Media Management, Responses to Negative & Positive Online Reviews, Rack Cards, Communication Plans, Case Studies, Email Signatures, Calendars, Fact Sheets, Direct Mail Campaigns, Flyers, Annual Reports, and White Paper
- Creative Writing
- Digital Photography
- Ghost Writing
- Grant Writing
- Product Reviews
- Proposals & RFPs
I am also skilled in the following:
- AP Style, Chicago Manual Style, APA Format, and MLA Format
- Google Analytics
- Google Applications
- Windows, IOS, and Android Operating Systems
- Microsoft Office Applications (all years)
- Blackboard & Canvass Platforms
- Adobe: InDesign, Creative Cloud, Photoshop, and Acrobat Pro
- Social Media Digital Content Management and Marketing
- Digital Photography
- Scrivener & Ulysses
Let’s Work Together
Whether I am teaching writing at a university, working in the media, writing creative fiction, or helping businesses with their communication needs and overhauling their websites, I am at home in writing. I also enjoy learning new things to stay current with modern communication trends.
I hope you will take the time to visit the rest of my website to view samples of my work and read testimonials from people I’ve had the honor of working with. If you like what you see and think I am a great fit for your team, or if you are in need of my services on a contract basis, please click here.